Sunday, March 9, 2008

Embracing Change

I recently attended a Women’s Journey into Wholeness workshop. The weekend was filled with loving embraces, beautiful tears and motivating and inspiring speakers. We were asked to write down what we were willing to give up in order to be the incredible beings of light that we are. My list was long and filled with words like fear, shame, judgment, excuses, etc. What I finally came up with was “I am willing to let go of the self I had created, I have known and been up until this moment in time.” As the negative energy was cleared from my body and I threw the paper into the fire, I felt that yet another part of my ego had died and another piece of divinity was created, making me whole. I decided from that moment in front of the bon fire, my motto would continue to be, “I am willing to let go of the self I had created, I have known and been up until this moment in time.”

One of the beautiful gifts we’ve been given from the Universe is free will. We are free to choose whoever and whatever we want to be. One of my favorite Ghandi quotes is “You must be the change you want to see in this world.” Ghandi also talked of sharing your passion and making a difference. My mission is to share my passion and make a difference, being the change that I would like to see in this world. By reading my blog, you will see that my focus is creating positive, powerful change in the world to bring more peace and sanity to humankind. It is my belief that if we can change who we are in our internal worlds, we can make a positive impact on the outer world.

Change isn’t easy for our egos, but it is inevitable. I recently changed my front page on my website along with changing who I was by sharing part of My Story. Some people fear change because it is about embracing the unknown along with being more open and vulnerable. We must learn to accept where we are in the present moment, not being terrified of changing our course in order to be who we are meant to be. I see many people, including myself, staying in their safe “worlds” because of the fear of failure or the fear of “if I change my course now, what if I’ll be worse off than I am now”. Our egos tell us “the grass is always greener”, “be happy with what you have now” and even “you are one of the luckier ones in the world.” This leads many of us to the question of “Who am I to deserve to live the fabulous, delicious life that I desire and dream of.” Most of the time, it just takes a shift in attitude and some quiet time in introspection to see what you need to give up or let go of in order to live a delicious, fabulous life being fully expressed and on fire.

So as we step into Spring, a good time for rebirth and renewal. I invite you to spend 5 minutes a day, sitting in a quiet place and ask yourself “What do I need to give up or let go of in order to live the fully expressed life that I deserve”. If you aren’t sure how to start with this, get a blank piece of paper and write “In order to live the life of my dreams, I….” You can start with writing down words, sayings, pictures, whatever comes to your mind. Don’t worry about grammar or what you are writing, just write. If it is easier for you to start with a blank document on your computer and type the words, go ahead and do that. If you are completely stuck or want to learn more about how to start living the life of your dreams, please contact me at 925-785-7452 or admin@life4ce.net.

Namaste’

No comments: