Monday, November 23, 2009

Stuffing - Let's leave it to the birds...

It’s used in toy bears

And turkey’s too
Let’s take a look then
At the stuffing in you

Hello my dear family,

I hope that you all had a great week and that you are looking forward to spending the upcoming holiday with friends and loved ones.

This week I sat in contemplation around what I have been most thankful for this year. I am thankful for the courage and tenacity it has taken me to discover the real me. It’s been over three years now and the journey continues. While this year has not been easy or comfortable, it has been perhaps the most rewarding to me. I have been presented with the greatest opportunities for growth and I have just begun to uncover what I stuffed down for so long.

Stuffing is fine for toys and turkey but when it comes to a way of life I wouldn’t recommend it. We self sabotage ourselves when we keep our feelings inside of us. Whether the feelings are based on fear or love, we become afraid to reveal our true selves because of what others might think of us. The need to feel accepted and acknowledged becomes so important that we forget who we are and what we want. We hold back because we don’t want to be rejected. I ask you, what’s more tragic? Being rejected by someone or rejecting ourselves?

When we reject ourselves our thoughts and emotions begin to turn toxic. We begin to believe that we are not deserving or worthy of having everything we want in our life. To make ourselves feel better we either compartmentalize or deny what is really going on. We get involved in using stuff on the outside to make the stuff on the inside more comfortable. We overeat, overspend and overindulge creating a vicious cycle of merely surviving and not truly thriving.

What is even worse is that when we fill ourselves with stuffing we cover up the best part of ourselves, our light and our unique gift that is so needed in the world, right now! So my wish for you this holiday season is for the comfort and security that you need to share your innermost selves with those who you hold so close, starting with yourself. Let’s keep the stuffing on the table where it belongs.

I’m so grateful for all of you!

Peace, blessings and warm wishes,

Mary

No comments: